MBA Admission Procedure
Applicants must pass Pokhara University Management Admission Test (PUMAT) conducted centrally by Pokhara University. The successful candidates in PUMAT must participate in a comprehensive interview at Excel Business College.
To be eligible to apply for admission to the MBA program, an applicant must have a minimum of 15 years’ formal education (12 years of schooling plus three years of graduation). Furthermore, the applicant must have secured a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or 45 percent in Bachelor’s level. The final decision on admission is taken on the basis of scores on the admission test, group discussion and interview.
The applicant is required to submit the following documents:
- Completed and Signed MBA Application Form
- Letter of Reference from Two Referees
- Attested Copies of all Academic Transcript (SLC onwards)
- Attested Copies of all Character Certificate (SLC onwards)
- Original Migration Certificate of Last Degree (If any academic degree from a foreign university, the copy of equivalent certificate)
- Attested Copy of Citizenship
- Two Copies of Recent Passport Size Photographs
Excel Business College strictly follows Pokhara University’s evaluation system to measure students’ academic performance. The system is as follows:
Internal Evaluation: Sixty percent (60%) weight is given to internal evaluation. Internal evaluation will be done by the concerned faculty member in prescribed format by college under university guideline.
External Evaluation (Trimester End Examination): Forty percent (40%) weight is given to external evaluation. The end-of-the trimester examination is conducted by the Office of the Controller of Examination, Pokhara University.
Grading System : MBA
The pass mark in each course will be a minimum Grade of C or GPA of 2.0. However, students must secure a minimum CGPA of 3.0 at the end of the program.
|Grade||Honor Points (CGPA)||Description|
|C||2.0||Pass in Individual Course|